Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What's a girl to do?

We went home for our daughter's college graduation on Thursday. I tried to fit the reformer in my carry-on but I had three pairs of wedges and those suckers take up a lot of space. And it was after all a celebration. What I didn't try was saying no to any and all food and drink put before me. I'm just now awakening from the food coma so I can't remember everything but here's an example....Lobster Poutine. For those unfortunate souls who do not know what poutine is, a "normal" poutine is fries, gravy and cheese curds, already a decent heart stopper. Lobster poutine was fries, gravy, lobster and hollandaise. Hear in the south they say "so good you wanna slap your momma". R's mom and my mom were MIA so I slapped myself. That was followed all weekend with equally healthy and delicious choices. There was cake, there was deconstructed "apple pie" made with beignets and cinnamon ice-cream, carbonara, fish chowder...oh dear. I had a carrot smoothie on Friday to make myself feel better. R was just as bad but the only way he would gain a pound is if he put on a backpack filled with rocks. The penance this week will be painful, and totally worth it. I'm now the pudgy mother of a college grad so that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment