Sunday, May 6, 2012

Exactly One Month Until our 20th Anniversary

I met a wonderful, good looking man and married him almost 20 years ago. At the time we were both 21 years old. He was racing motocross. He had also played hockey at a high level and was a catcher in baseball at some point in his sporting history. R is just one of those athletic guys who is good at whatever he decides to do. At the time, I didn't appreciate what I was stepping into. I am not athletic, have never been the sporty girl, although throughout the years I have made attempts. After 20 years of marriage I thought I would be able to let my guard down, not totally go to shit you understand, just "relax" a little. But damned if that man isn't just as fit and good looking as he was the day I met him. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never put ice-cream to my lips without the guilt. Not only is he good looking, he's successful and without making you all barf, the most wonderful caring human I have ever met. So as I reach my 42nd year without donuts, and still managing to get a nice little one around my middle, I have decided to document "being in love with a beautiful man" - a year of self improvement. If you can't beat him (I did once at bowling, just a string mind, but still) join him. I will become some sort of athlete, I will take up a hobby which is terribly intellectual, and I will walk into a room on his arm and not feel like a mole.

No comments:

Post a Comment