Saturday, May 26, 2012

Long Weekend Glory

R actually slept in - and then got up and made coffee. I want to go hiking in the mountains as a change of scenery and a cooling of temperature, but I don't want it to turn into a huge expedition. Hiking for 3 hours at a nice pace, not a cross training opportunity for crazy cycle pants. Must sell my case.

I have to change things up, the pilates is making my muscles stronger, but it's not cardio and the pooch is firmly in place. I have two big trips coming up that I want to make improvements before. I'm running out of time for this, just two weeks. It's so freaking hot in this God-forsaken place that outdoor exercise either has to be done at 5am or after a 3 1/2 hours drive to the mountains. I ran last year, but it generally doesn't agree with my crocked spine, however, it's fast and effective. Might be my only choice - get up with crazy pants and run. I wish personnel trainers weren't so expensive, it works, that's why they can charge what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment